Sunday, November 15, 2015

Detectives Beyond Borders on stage in Bangkok

Good fun at Sunday evening's noir fiction event at Check Inn 99 in Bangkok. I took no pictures of the evening's featured interview because I was its subject, talking about noir, crime fiction, Southeast Asia, noir and crime fiction in Southeast Asia, crime conventions, and other interesting topics. Many thanks to my interlocutor (and my host in Bangkok), Christopher G. Moore, and to the crowd of writers and publishers of crime fiction in this part of the world. You'll be reading about some of them in the coming weeks at Detectives Beyond Borders.

Check Inn 99 has quite a past. Suffice it to say that while my interview and its follow-up audience questions were a blast, they were not the most exciting happenings in this site's history.

Tom Vater
Soi Cowboy (Photos by Peter Rozovsky)
One nice touch: Among the attendees was Tom Vater, who writes crime fiction, is one of the folks behind the Hong Kong-based Crime Wave Press, and also wrote the guidebook I am using for the Cambodia legs of my trip.

© Peter Rozovsky 2015

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger seana graham said...

Glad it turned out well. I like the photos, particularly of Mr. Vater, and that was a great story on the Check Inn 99 website about how exactly the club was saved from destruction.

November 16, 2015  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I had heard that story straight from the owner's mouth a few hours before. I am proud to take my place as one of the less colorful figures to have passed through there.

In re the interview, it was good fun, and it was "filmed" and should be up on YouTube one of these days. I'll keep you posted.

November 16, 2015  
Blogger seana graham said...

Great. I'll look forward to it.

November 16, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home